Shearman & Sterling has appointed 12 new partners to the firm, span across seven of its offices Abu Dhabi, Austin, Dallas, London, Menlo Park, New York and Washington, D.C. Effective July 1, 2022.
The new partners represent nine of the firm’s practices. The breadth of their expertise includes antitrust, capital markets, compensation, governance & ERISA, emerging growth, international arbitration, litigation, project development & finance, real estate and tax.
The following lawyers have been elected partners for the Abu Dhabi office:
David Hume (pictured left) is a member of the International Arbitration practice in Abu Dhabi, where he acts for multinational and State-owned companies across the Middle East and Africa in commercial arbitrations and related litigation under the ICC and LCIA Rules, as well as construction and engineering disputes, in industries including energy, renewables, oil & gas, infrastructure, aviation, and healthcare.
Hume has been with Shearman & Sterling since 2013, where he started off as a senior associate and later promoted to counsel in 2021.
Samuel Ogunlaja (pictured right) is a member of the Project Development & Finance practice in the UAE. He advises investors, governments and financial institutions on complex, high-value energy and infrastructure transactions around the world, with a particular focus on the Middle East and Africa.
Ogunlaja first joined Shearman & Sterling in 2011 as a trainee solicitor in the firm’s London offices. He has since been elevated to associate, senior associate and finally to counsel in 2021.
The appointment also included:
- Cassandra Cuellar – Emerging Growth practice in Austin
- Lorenz Haselberger – Tax practice in New York
- Yian Huang – Capital Markets practice in Menlo Park
- Erika Kent – Capital Markets practice in New York
- Rachel Mossman – Antitrust practice in Dallas
- Jonathan Newman – Real Estate practice in New York
- Sara Raisner – Litigation practice in New York.
- Augusto Ruiloba – Project Development & Finance practice in New York
- Jesse Sherrett – International Arbitration practice in Washington, D.C.
- Sam Whitaker – Compensation, Governance & ERISA practice in London