Chadi Salloum_Afraz Hussain

Clyde & Co in Aldar Properties acquisition into Basatin Landscaping 

Clyde & Co acted as legal counsel to Zaad Capital on the successful AED 150 million sale of a 75% stake in Basatin Landscaping to Aldar Properties, an Abu Dhabi-based property development, management, and investment company. Aldar Properties will now hold the majority share of Basatin, with the remaining 25% owned by a strategic partner. 

Basatin Landscaping is a provider of a comprehensive range of landscaping services, encompassing design, installation, paving, gardening, and green waste disposal. With over 1,000 employees, the company has earned a stellar reputation by delivering top-notch landscaping solutions to prominent clients in the UAE, including the Department of Municipalities and Transport and Expo 2020. 

This strategic transaction will complement Aldar’s existing services, further bolstering its offerings through the Aldar Estates platform, a key operating segment under the Aldar Investment business. The platform has been witnessing robust organic growth, supported by expansions and several acquisitions over the past year. 

Clyde & Co acted as lead external counsel to Zaad Capital. The team was led by partner Chadi Salloum (pictured left) and senior associate Afraz Hussain (pictured right) who were supported by legal director Krishen Patel, associate Sinan Amso, FDI and corporate structuring manager, Marwa El Gazzar, trainees Ana Favretto and Nouria Hammeda, and company secretary assistant Nidhiya Jaimon

Aldar Properties legal team is led by group general counsel Emma O’Brien.